Barring a massive blizzard that would make walking outdoors legally irresponsible due to safety, our tours proceed in all weather, rain or shine as they say. In the event of the aforementioned unsafe weather, tours are rescheduled for another mutually convenient date at no additional charge.
Checks are due two weeks prior to the tour. If you cancel the tour more than one week in advance, you receive a full refund. If you cancel from one week to 48 hours in advance, you receive a 50% refund. If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, you can get a credit toward a future tour good for 90 days.
If you as an individual are a no show or you go to the wrong address, you may rebook within 30 days but no refund will be given. This does not apply to vouchers. You cannot reschedule.
Refunds are given on a case by case basis. Requests must be received within 30 days of the tour. Requests within 60 days may receive the offer of a replacement tour.
Vouchers are good until the day of expiration. All sales are final. No refunds will be given. Requests for extensions of vouchers should be made to the company that issued the vouchers.
Our policy is “History happened in all kinds of weather, too!” This is Connecticut we do not have tornados or hurricanes. Unless there is “severe weather” such as thunderstorms, blizzard, etc, our tours go ahead rain or shine, snow or heat. This is Connecticut and we use umbrellas. Bring your own. Dress appropriately. Drink plenty of fluids. Our guides will try going into warm or cool places as the seasons dictate.
Since weather reports are unreliable, we show up willing to go in all kinds of weather. There are really no truly reliable sources for weather except for what we see ourselves and the info we have gather. If our tour guides feel it is unsafe, they will delay or postponed, but never cancel unless they check with management. (The guide should be paid partially still for coming out to assess the situation.) If we have to cancel, 100 percent refunds are given or you may reschedule. If customers cancel, our policy is they may join another tour within 30 days, no questions asked.
If we do cancel, we will try to let you know at least two hours before via e-mail or phone.